Pushing myself to appear to be perfect is unnecessary. I don’t have to have all the answers to solve other’s problems, and I don’t have to be constantly available for others. I just have to be real.

Jane Austen

Monday, January 18, 2010

Ma & Pa's 30th Wedding Anniversary




Bonjour!
Well today it is my parent's 30th wedding anniversary, so Dad has whisked Mama away to some beach side house out Oakura way. Ergo I was up early this morning amongst the grey clouds in my black boots and paddington coat attending to the cuisine side of his trip at the local grocery store. Dad asked me to put together a hamper of goodies for lunch, tea and breakfast...so here it is!

I made a bacon & egg pie on request. The recipe is so dead simple and always a pleaser. It's from the “Ladies, A Plate” recipe book which is close to my heart. To quote Tammy the lawyer- The title refers to the New Zealand practice of ladies taking a plate to functions – with something on it of course! This book is delightful. It is well researched and is a collection of traditional NZ baking recipes – most dating back to the early part of last century, which the writer has collected from various community cookbooks published in NZ in the 1940s, 50s and 60s.

Alongside the pie there was a loaf of ciabatta, cashew & capsicum pesto, original hummas, Peta Mathias' GORGEOUS pea dip which Mum lves when I make, some creamy blue cheese, camenbert cheese, strawberries, blue berries, cherries, a small roast chicken, traditional magnums (My mothers one weakness ;) ), havana coffee & two pink iced gingerbread biscuits I made especially for the day :)

Its such a delicious and adorable way to present food in a basket and so easy! Hopefully the magnums don't melt b4 dinner time...

No comments:

Post a Comment